View Single Post
# 4 23-11-2006 , 04:53 AM
Subscriber
Yeah if you want to do REAL architecture, go to school.. I agree.

BUT.. I dont think he wants to go to school to become an architect. I think he probably wants to do interior rendering or exterior.. modeling in 3D for companies who need it.

Sorry to burst your bubble rant about the schooling, but I work for an architectural company and design + 3D model both interior and exteriors and also render them out using Vray... my point?

My point is I taught myself from January 06 to September 06 and at the end of Sept, got a call from a company. I taugh myself doing only online tutorials and visiting architectural sites. I never attended a school for it never had a degree for it. And with my self taught experience, have a full time job without a degree and am in the 3D architectural business.

SO... I think I know what Im talking about. Sure a degree from school is nice, but if your portfolio sux, it doesnt matter what that little degree says... you'll still suck.

Also, learn both programs in 3 years?? Come on.. sure if he wants to master both and know exactly every little nook and cranny. I use Max for archi and Maya for animation. I attend www.animationmentor.com where I use Maya which helps learn it but I could see myself learning Maya as easily as I learned Max with the right online tutorials...

...dont underestimate the power of someone who wants to learn. Give him the benefit of the doubt.

Last edited by DreamsIn3D; 23-11-2006 at 04:56 AM.