View Single Post
# 34 25-05-2005 , 06:47 PM
just some facts for the Hong Kong release of III -

the title isn't "revenge of the sith," because they called episode VI "revenge of the jedi", and they didn't want to reuse it. instead it's called...well i'm not %100 sure, but something about "black warrior". i'll ask a friend what it translates to.

there's a famous Chinese actress named Bai Ling, she was supposed to be in III. apparently Lucas shot her scenes (i think she's in the senate or something), but she later announced she'd be in playboy, so Lucas cut her scene out, as it wasn't congruent to to the ethics of star wars, or whatever. or so i hear.

R2 is called "Artoo", in English. I was reading some of the chinese subtitles as i watched it, and they wrote "Artoo". i figured he would just be R2, which would sound like "R-yi" if read in cantonese. in fact a lot of the characters/place names had english, instead of chinese, names. written in english. usually a person or place name is translated into a phonetically similar chinese word, but not in III at least. i forget what C3PO's name was...threepio or something.

and just out of curiosity, what minorities never appeared in the star wars universe? there were black guys, an asian guy in VI i think, but not the new ones...what about Indian? does Jimmy Smits count as Spanish?