View Single Post
# 2 07-10-2005 , 06:00 PM
Hi! I dont consider any of our tut's sloppily done we all put in a lot of time and consideration in what we produce so that we can try and cover everything that members are asking for.

As far as the length of the tut.... its very hard for us tut makers to find a common ground between making it too long or too short while trying to keep everyone happy. If we do every little detail some say its too long but if we make it too short we hear that it didn't show enough detail.

As far as work flow... when working in a studio you will often just get a quick sketch to go by and depending on the project you will have to eyeball it or sometimes you will have exact sizes and guide lines to follow. For this tut, because it is intended for getting new and intermediate members modeling a full scene I was not worried about size issues just how to produce it.

The tools I use are what I pretty much use for all my projects and some times it does get a bit repetative but thats modeling in a nut shell. You dont need to use every tool in the tool set to achive a look. Its far better to focus on effective work flow tools and techniques then use a tool just because it in the tool box

Working in prepective view is generally what I use 85 percent of the time I model anything.. I use my side, and front view more for organic forms where I do have side and front images and even then I use it, it's more for just getting the correct size and proportion. I would even use perspective most of the time when modeling a motorcycle. Only difference would be at the beginning I would use a side image plane to get the correct size.

A huge part of becoming a modeler is being able to fill in the gaps of a picture when details are missing or are not clear. This will come with time and practice.

Sorry you did not learn as much as your were expecting, but those are the techniques I would use for any similar project

Kurt

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

https://www.artstation.com/kurtb