Thread: Simply ZBrush
View Single Post
# 156 23-06-2012 , 03:44 PM
I mainly do it to track my progress and keep a log of things I did. Hoping to get better and not really concerning myself with showing off my finished work. Now that I have been teaching myself 3D I find I have come a long way from learning how to model a spoon. I was so proud of myself the first time I modeled a spoon. That joy of creating something. For the most part I finish the Photoshop work (paid jobs) and leave the 3d to being the hobby but it does allow me to practice lighting and shooting in 3D space which has sped up my DP work exponentially. But critiques always help.

Dom you know what you are doing. But I don't have people to tell me the right way like you do at MPC. So I have to bobble my way through projects to feel my way around. Which totally sucks, but until the day when I actually can do 3D for a living I will have to continue to do these projects. Many other titles and graphics I have done for things out here but I don't post that since no one wants to see MoGraph. The entire internet is saturated with C4D Mograph stuff. I also can't exactly post my other work that I did for years since promoting SAS and SOC killing techniques isn't exactly all that legal to put up or promote. So I am retooling what I did for years so that I have a more wholesome reel.

The train was made to use Projection Man, tackle some particle emission and then just UV a hard-surface object with material attributes and layer manager practice. The goals are more to learn the shaders and the attributes of C4D since it is very hard to find info on them. Typically the shaders are procedural-based which is not the type of render I want in C4D. I also only use AR3 or the Physical Render. I tried out VRay a while back and just found the material system and settings to be bloated.

Attached Thumbnails

Last edited by Chavfister; 24-06-2012 at 02:32 AM.