View Single Post
# 11 26-03-2010 , 02:21 AM

Thanks all

Thanks all - Jay, daverave!

dave, I'll check out the tut. Many thanks once again! How are your kids doin'?

I checked out all of your work. They're all really fantastic stuff! Keep it up! And Jay...I really enjoyed The Talos Project link by your buddy Poulos. That Greek guy's got TREMENDOUS talent...not only are the renders great but the vision and concept is really top stuff. I'm trying to get up to his level in artwork and Maya. That's the kind of quality I want my movie to be (though I really need to learn ZBrush). He would do great to convert that comic book to a B-movie since all the materials are there already and...I've signed up! :-)

[@Jay : The shaders are there to help define the property of a specific material...]

Jay, I did a post on this long ago on some other forum but really haven't gotten a satisfactory reply : is misss_fast_skin only a SHADER ? Is it actually applied to a Blinn, Lambert, Phong, PhongE or Anisotropic MATERIAL ?

The reply that I got previously is that if you applied Blinn material to my head mesh and then you applied misss_fast_skin later, the misss_fast_skin actually REPLACES the Blinn. My question is then: how can I do UV if I use misss_fast_skin ?

You're absolutely right about tweaking the fast_skin stuff as you can get "waxy" to one extreme and "sweaty" at the other extreme. Have a look at this great tut from lamrug (but please don't fall in love with Globulus :-) :-

https://www.lamrug.org/resources/doc/...n-tutorial.pdf

I am using the settings recommended by the above author and I am using the fast_skin for both skin and eyes (as explained in the tut) and the results are great stuff! Just make sure you use moderate values (in the teens) for the epidermal and subdermal and check the reflection box.

Again my question is : how can you use UV if I you're using the fast_skin shader? I mean the baking approach. The only way I can see is : let the color map and specular be fast_skin but you can still use external bump files for fast_skin.

Ezani

("Watched Avatar in 3D at midnight the other day and watched my second rerun of Beowulf last night on cable")