View Single Post
# 1 06-08-2006 , 10:12 PM

Project Problems and Questions

Hey all-

So I started a simple and easy Maya animation project. I wanted to create a 1st person scene of a 'fly over' where the camera is flying at high speeds close to the ground down a fairly straight route. So I started by creating a Plane that would be my immediate environment, and stretched it out along one axis really really far so I would have plenty of flying distance. I thought that a Nurbs plane might be best, because then if I made hills and valleys and such it would look very natural. [Ideas?] so now I have a really long rectangle. but I can't view the entire thing at once. Because it is long, when I zoom out to be able to view it all, one or both ends dissapear, so I have to scroll from one end to the other, which gets annoying. [Advice?] and even then if I make the camera *really* fly and give it a good sense of speed, the huge stretch of land i made ends quickly because of how fast I have to go to make it look good. [Responses?] and then there is the environment. If I just have some flat background it looks weird because its static and not really moving.

Its a fairly simple project, but my level of experience [read: lack of it] is making it complicated. If any of y'all have some advice, tips, ideas, or anything else helpful on any or all of the things mentioned, I would love the feedback.

"Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof. " -V

Last edited by Kouga; 07-08-2006 at 04:55 PM.