View Single Post
# 8 26-02-2008 , 10:59 PM
Ok I have created the vine growing out and into a hand but have a problem. They want the vine that grows out to be more like the one in the image and I dont seem to be able to get it to look like this. They want to have a few vines intertwined with each other that will grow along the curve and then go under ground. I think the best way to create the forearm leading into the hand will be as a poly object that I hope to make the vines grow into and wrap around the begining of so the whole thing looks like one piece. This will then burst out of the ground to grab a character in its complete form and not grow out. The hand/forearm will be tree like and have a subtle resemlance to that of a humans. Does anyone know where I may be able to download pfx brushes for maya that may get the look I need since I have tried mixing brushes but to no avail. Once the shot is complete there is one other thing I would like to do but am not sure how to go about it. I am going to rig the hand so it will grab the character and hold them but I wan't to have it move up into the air and have the vine pull up out of the ground and have a mud/dirt effect that will fall off it. The vine will be attached to a few curves intertwined with each other so will this work if I just select the control verticies for the curves that are under the ground and set keys to have it rise up from the soil.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xbWdoiYghg

Sorry about the lenghty question, any advice and help on this is much appreciated.

Attached Thumbnails