View Single Post
# 1 03-05-2005 , 11:28 PM

creating a MEL interface

although I don't consider myself a good programmer, I understand most syntax and similar issues. But I'm trying to create an interface for a script, so that when I hit the shelf button for it, it pops up a small window with a couple of slider bars and fields.

Specifically, I'm using the interface to create Lego plates. I already have all the pieces, and I know how to program well enough to get them rotated properly and placed correctly; they're even boolean-able (one of my primary concerns in building them). But the problem is, I don't know how to build the user interface I need to streamline the process (rather than text-summoning the script).

I know how to create a do some stuff to intSliderGroups (like limit them to greater than 1, etc.), but I can't figure out how to read the data that they posses after that, so I can use it to create plates. I need to be able to assign the data in the field to a variable, but nothing I have tried so far seems to work. For this type of control, or any other.

Any ideas? I'm fresh out. Let me Know.
Thanks.