Thread: mudbox ?
View Single Post
# 5 07-05-2009 , 10:11 AM
Thanks guys,

Jay:

That was my plan, to download the trial and see what I thought. I just wanted to get some feed back first.

All:

My system is getting long in the tooth. I am still running a 32bit processor (quad core 2.8Ghz) with 2GB (3GB if I use the -3GB switch as I have 4x1GB in the machine). I am running a geforce 8800 ultra gfx card. It was not bad for the day but it will need to be upgraded as soon as I can afford it. zbrush seems to run alright but I have not use it with anything to dense.

The land-speeder project was killing my system. It can only be rendered batch (otherwise I get an out of memory error). I had to start working in layers as rotating the model was lagging the machine.

I personally believe starting with maya 2009 I have seen a significant increase in crashes as I work on things. I believe it is because it uses more memory then earlier versions. So I really want to get into a 64-bit OS so I can get as much memory as I can runing at the fastest speed possible. I am thinking just under the top of the line I7 with like 16GB of memory and an nvidia 203 gfx adapter as my baseline.

But it will change as it is going to be a while before I have the cash to upgrade my system.

"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." Sir Isaac Newton, 1675

Last edited by ctbram; 07-05-2009 at 10:21 AM.