View Single Post
# 5 21-01-2011 , 10:10 PM
Lifetime Member
LOL you either watch a lot of XXX or need to get out more......

I agree with Genny, I had a bit of trouble understanding what it represents but a tree is the closest thing I could imagine.

Function wise stwert is right.....I think Star Trek when I hear the word node, a connection point for data transfer...and as stwert said each node has its particular data that are put together to create the tree and of course the object.

I assume the attribute editor, hypergraph and the outliner all have similar functions which let you see the actual tree structure where the connections of the nodes are visible. As far as I see (stwert?) the attribute editor is a basic view with each tab representing the node and properties, the outliner is similar which when selected will work in tandem with the AE. The Hypergraph (only seen it once) is the same but gives you a much better visualisation of the connections you have on screen (stwert?). I dont know which one is best but I use the outliner mostly now and select the object or group to get the info of the properties of each node in the attribute editor.

Cheers bullet

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes