View Single Post
# 24 23-05-2005 , 07:55 AM
i saw it last night and I loved it. I thought it was epic in every sense of the word and a true return to form. Ok it had the most gratuitous amount of CG ever in a movie ever ever user added image but it was generally well used. Some glitches for me: yoda crawling through the tunnels in his jim jams at the end looked crap, some dodgy digital doubles, script was awful in places ("I can't watch anymore" Obi wan, "Palpatine is evil -- No in my opinion the jedi are evil" obi wan and anakin) awful awful stuff. Not enough wookies user added image weird passage of time in that you never know how much time is passing e.g. going back to EP 1/2 padme doesn't age a day whilst anakin ages 20 odd years in the same way that characters were on some far off planet and then two seconds later they're back at the jedi temple... it didn't work for me, I wasn't a fan of General Grievous: it took too long to show that he was part human (thus explaining the f***king coughing!), padme's death was a bit pathetic compared to Mace Windu, Count Dooku, Grievous etc, the lava battle was cool but had some horrible CG in places i agree with mike about the lack of consistency (although when you work in film you realise that sometimes you just run out of time/money and there's nothing you can do you just have to get it out the door).

Anyways I'm being very critical about it but only because I loved it so much (I actually like EP 1/2 as well user added image) A fine end to the saga

user added image

Alan

Technical Director - Framestore

Currently working on: Your Highness

IMDB