View Single Post
# 1 04-04-2009 , 11:18 AM
Subscriber

Your thoughts on the leaked X-Men Origins: Wolverine

Some one will be fired thats for sure.

https://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7978379.stm

I went over my mates last night as he needed to fix his PC and when I got there he was watching TV. So while I was talking to him I saw Wolverine on screen and asked if this was a new TV spot for the new film. To my shock he told me it was the full film. Covering my eyes and walking out the room I was really shocked that he had a copy of the film which looked that good. (I covered my eyes as I want to see it first on the big screen). Anyway he turned it off and we sorted out the PC. He then told me that the version he got was not finished and a lot of the SFX were animations from Maya. He then showed me some scenes and it looked so unreal it was funny.

Going home I looked on all the movies sites and there was no mention of the leak it self (apart from the link above) as I think they did not want to advise the fact you can get a copy of it. There was a lot of talk about how bad piracy has gotten and how bad Fox was as a company and they deserved it.

Now this sort of piracy I think is wrong - the film is not finished. Yes I have seen downloaded movies of the net, but nine times out of ten they are movies I have never hared about and would have never seen them if just for the rubbish state of the cinema in this country (uk, but I`m sure usa is not much better).

I`m a big fan of Friday the 13th (well the first few anyway) and I wanted to see the remake on val day this year (14th Feb) with my girlfriend. We checked 9 different cinemas to try and find a place that showed it and out of them 2 were showing it and one of them was at midnight only. This was very shocking to me as it was number one in USA box office but no where in the UK wanted to show it - why - Bloody BOLT. Now not dissing Bolt that much (enjoyed the film) but it taking up 4 screens in a cinema is a piss take (and no I don`t care about the bloody 3d and 2d versons of a film). But what really made me laught was the following week when they reported bolt was on top of the chart and Friday the 13th had a disappointing opening week here in the uk. Me and the girlfriend got to see the film on al day but we had to travel 14 miles to see it and the screen was packed. (and yes I did enjoy the remake)

Another example of how Hollywood is shooting itself in the foot is Disneys/Pixars "UP". May in USA Oct in the UK W.T.F. The same thing happened to RAt - as well. I owned the region 1 release of Rat the same week it came out over here, and had seen it 4 times from a friend who downloaded it in dvd quality - why because I could nort see it in the cinema (Saw it in the cinema 3 times in the end - as you cant beat the big screen). But yet they managed to do a world wide release for Wall-E - they have no excuse.

The other thing that really grinds my gears about all this is the piracy adds on the front of DVD`s - why are you putting them there - we bought the DVD - wrong target abundance fools. At least if you download it you don`t get that crappy ad. And why oh why region coding on film or games - if someone buys your shit why cant they play it - does not make any buniess sence.

I`m a big supporter of film. I go to the cinema about 2/3 times a week, and have over 5000 dvd and near 100 blue-rays and I dont believe X-Men Origins: Wolverine should have been posted up like that - thats wrong but I am starting to think these companies are stating to deserve some of these problems.

So I wonder what others think about this

Sorry

Rant over - waiting for the 29th to go see it on the big screen .....