Thread: Firefly
View Single Post
# 7 12-05-2007 , 06:51 PM
Subscriber
yeah, original models are important for a portfolio...but i don't see why it would hurt to put in some models based on tutorials...i mean, you did model it, it's not like you're putting in a model that someone else made and taking credit. so that's the way i see it...i modeled it, it looks cool, why not put it in my portfolio? user added image

oh, and this isn't for a professional portfolio...I'm nowhere near where i can get a job with my current skills. This is more personal, and also for school admission type stuff (looking at some art schools that focus on visual effects type programs)
but yeah, for a portfolio that you're trying to get a job with, I'd definitely put original art into it, and few to none tutorial projects.

----

Happy, i checked out your serenity thread, and the ship looks pretty good, though a bit blocky. I like the detail that you have on it. Are you ever gonna finish it? or is this one of those infamous projects (of which i have many) that never see the light of day?

No clue if I'm gonna texture it...if i do, it will probably be mostly procedural, because there is sooooooo much on this ship, and i just don't know if I'd have the patience to go through 500 bazillion polys!! :p

Last edited by errethakbe; 12-05-2007 at 07:00 PM.