View Single Post
# 57 29-08-2008 , 09:55 AM
oooh I just tried out some of those tools under Polygons > Edit mesh. Very useful! Thanks for telling me about them, Chirone.

@ GecT: In my question, I wanted to know how to create edges between two vertices.. For example I was modeling my wiimote happily along, untill I decided to delete something like a quadrant shape of vertices.. (Imagine cartesian coordinates, I just up and took out the 4th quadrant (lower right)). I think the split poly tool worked.. that or it created another vertex, and theres 2 in the same area or close proximity.

Thank you everyone for all your help!

Oh, and chirone, you said normal maps and texture maps....? Would I need a bump map too, since the buttons protrude a bit from the controller? (some of them). If so, how do I go about making one specifically for the wii remote? if not, ignore that user added image

I'm assuming that I'd basically just put the image that I'm using for my image planes onto the object? (ie, UV texturing? Just a second ago it sounded really simple... "UV" seems to strike fear into my heart now user added image )

Anyways, thank you everyone. screenshot or render coming soon!