View Single Post
# 1 06-03-2007 , 11:58 AM

changing the scaling axis...

Guys I am pulling my hair out trying to scale some verts along an axis of MY chosing.

I don't understand why the rotation axis is treated differently them the tranlation axis.

I mean if I parent an object to another object then the "local" translation axis of the child becomes the same as the "object" translation axis of the parent.

This all work fine a dandy. When I select vertices for instance and chose "local" axis for translation I can move the verts along the object axis of the parent.

BUT when I switch to scale or rotation mode the axis goes all katywompus! It does not even match the world axis. I have no friggin clue what it is alining too.

It is so friggin annoying. I have a group of vertices that should all be in a plane. But they have gotten non-planner. I just want to parent the object to a plane and then scale the verts so they are planner.

The other thing I tried and failed to do was create a planner surface on top of the surface with the verts and then snap them along the normal of the planner surface.

NO JOY!

There has got to be a way to grab a group of vertices and make them friggin planner some other way then trying to grab each feckin one and nudge it back and forth until the surface is planner again!

I spent 7 hours trying to get 15 vertices flat today. I was ready to throw the computer against the wall!