Thread: Time to School
View Single Post
# 23 05-03-2004 , 05:26 PM
Always remember, it is the demo reel that will define you in the industry.

How you educate yourself is your choice. If someone has 4 years at an art school, and only has mediocre output, then what was really gained?

Be careful of what debt you create for yourself for when you are older. I am self-taught at what I do professionally, and my education is not a factor, seeing I am proficient at what I do, and I make a great living. If you feel you need traditional training, then by all means do it. One could read a book, take some periphery classes, sculpture, buy a paint set, etc... It just seems to me, after observing the industry from the standpoint of wanting to penetrate it one day, that you either mod well, model fast, know someone, and you have to have one heck of a demo reel. Traditional colleges are usually necessary for the absorption of stagnant and finite knowledge and a place for maturity, not largely for pure freedom of expression in art. But if the parents are doing it, go where ever you want.
What am I saying? I don't know. I guess I just have friends in serious debt, and this struck me as sensitive user added image
sorry I rambled

Lungs not guns....

Last edited by strobe7; 05-03-2004 at 05:31 PM.