Thread: VF-1s Valkyrie
View Single Post
# 1 14-06-2009 , 09:39 PM
Subscriber

VF-1s Valkyrie

Hey all,

So my Hnk Final draft needs work so instead of trying to kill myself making a final version I decided to move on to a new project while I take my time with finishing the gun (an probably using it as part of a larger project when I start modeling people.

So to keep practing I'm starting a VF-1 type S Valkyrie from the old Macross series.

I've already been at it for about 5 hours now and had several restarts (the fueselage is kicking my tail) but I'm happy with how the third attempt is turning out so here it is. The picture is of a quick and dirty duplicate/combine/smooth so there is a crease in the center where the verts aren't merged and the texture is very temporary as I continue to play with my render settings.

I'm going for a high detailed but not photorealistic finish. Which brings me to my question for the forums. The references I have show a lot of lines and paneling that can be added to really increase the detail. Is this something I should work into the model or save for bump mapping. I'm leaning towards cutting/adding verts to the model but don't want to destroy the topology too bad. Any advice will be appreciated.

Anyway back to work for me! (I'm so slow because I'm new user added image )

Attached Thumbnails

~To create a new world through the imagination