View Single Post
# 6 31-01-2010 , 04:11 AM
Subscriber
i have a 1TB, that got partitioned with a 30gb for my ps3, although i don't think it'd be all too useful since my ps3 has a 320gb hdd

i have a 40gb, a 80gb (liberated from the ps3), a 320gb and a 500gb external hdd
and a 2gb flash drive, but thats for transfers, not backup.

after seeing timemachine at work i found the windows equivalent but then when i installed windows 7 i haven't used it yet... so yeah...

until i saw time machine i never knew "backup" meant using a program to manage all the changes you make. always thought you just copy and paste stuff to another drive

i should keep a backup and give it to someone else so if my stuff gets stolen or all the backups fail then i've still got something...

someone's friend's computer stuff got stolen but since it was so customized he found the culprit trying to sell it online and instantly knew that it was his. then he got the cops to get it but all the stuff was gone. lucky for him a friend of his had a backup of all his stuff 2 years prior... so he only lost 2 years of his life, instead of all of it

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D