View Single Post
# 10 18-11-2010 , 12:56 AM
Lifetime Member
Ok jali I didnt get a real chance to respond to this.

First up I would assume (and hope) your e-mails to this person have been professional, clear, without malice or intent and have basically been constructive criticism etc.

The fact you went so long without getting paid is a shame..but also a reality sometimes. As a Subcontract Surveyor..I have been made to wait up to 80 days for work I have done...with the same smoke and mirrors you were given. Fortunatley I am a little more robust than people think when I get the shits on...people usualyy back up and take stock..though not always.

I would pursue this in the courts or any other way you can to resolve this kind of behaviour in the industry...it really doesnt need to be tarnished by companies that may do this.

I would look at your contractual obligations...if there were any...this may give you leverage...it may not.

The fact this chap has gone off at you personally etc etc shows that he AND his company (assumptions on para 1) are certainly unprofessional. As an Employer myself...IF ANY of my teams responded to an employee/client in the manner shown here...whether throught the company e-mail or even a personal one...would be dismissed without delay. If he is an owner or partner...then he should know better and does not know how to deal with situations.

His personal attacks and verbal abuse and his supposed manliness about being in the military and killing people...thats just bullshit. His threat to meet with you and 'discuss' (through fisticuffs Im sure) is also bullshit. This is a vain attempt to threaten you to cease and desist any action you may take legally through the courts. His responses will be also used against him. Therefore I HOPE that you have not responded with any similar verbal attacks...keep it clean, concise, completely professional at all times..NO MATTER WHAT HE SAYS! This will ensure you have a leverage against the company if it goes to a court.

As a person who has a history in many arenas of war through family...NONE...I repeat NONE of them talk trash about killing people like this. REAL soldiers (men and women) know their duty and certainly dont brag about it...which is why I think he is full of crap..just threats mate.

I would learn from this...take it on board...DONT go more than 30 days without some pay..or insist on some form of written contract (they do help but dont always guarentee).

Remember this...a persons intelligence is gauged by their response to an accusation or crit...those that release a verbal tirade..either are emotional, arent as intelligent as they proclaim...or have no truthful and honest response...therefore the verbal abuse.

Good luck with it mate

Cheers bullet

P.S ANY individual who has attended ANY Uni..T.A.F.E etc etc would NOT garbage ANY other place of learning...to do so just isnt cricket.

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes

Last edited by bullet1968; 18-11-2010 at 12:59 AM.