View Single Post
# 20 17-09-2007 , 02:31 PM
Subscriber
I went back to my radeon x300 and replaced my 375 watt power supply with a 550 watt. At the same time I put the quadro fx 3450 back in my computer, only for it to make the same dots on the screen as before. I did a little more research and found out it's burnt up, no if, ands, or buts. So I turned off my computer put the radeon x300 back in and it was working fine. I started messing around in the controls and this is when I started kicking myself for not finding these earlier. I found a "3d Open GL Settings" when I clicked on it I could Force 24-bit Z-Buffer Depth and I could Triple Buffering.
I clicked on both to see what would happen, ended up getting an error when opening Maya. So I typed the error in google and found out that Maya has trouble with triple buffering. I turned it off turned on Maya and BAM no more glitches! I can rotate, zoom, pull vertices and all of that without it lagging like a videogame on a bad system. Just by turning on the 24-Bit Z-Buffer Depth. I wonder if the power supply helped at all?
All that money spent on nothing I needed to spend it on, except maybe the power supply.
:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:
It's a relief but its also been a stressful situation, and living on a tight budget on the moment I feel like I just waisted a lot of money that could have been used wisely. I just don't feel right selling the bad card on ebay although I was foolish enough to buy it even with the warning given.

PS
There are still a couple small glitches in maya shaded view, I can see the wire frame on both sides like it's transparent, but it's all broken up and there are a couple other little things. Obviously a better graphics card would probably help with these things.

- Mike

https://rhetoriccamel.blogspot.com

Last edited by Rhetoric Camel; 17-09-2007 at 02:38 PM.