View Single Post
# 1 06-01-2003 , 11:55 PM

just wanted to let everybody know my views on a gnomon video.

Yeah so im watching the intro to maya video right now, and im almost half way through it, and I am amazed at the progress im making! Im learning all the basics and alot of hotkeys. I think this video is really going to help me get a good foundation with maya that i can build up with :p :p . The way that it teaches you, is... hmm. lets say they were teaching you the alphabet user added image ... well first it will teach you what a is, then how to use it, why its there, and other ways to get you to a. nexed it will teach you all about b. and then combine a with b. then it will teach you c and add b and a to it. ect.. untill you learn all about the letters a through z and how to use them together to create.. err words? haha, excuse my cornyness.

so overall i would rate this gnomon video a 10 out of 10, and recomend it for all beginners who know nothing about maya. although the dvd is 40$(wich isnt thaaaat bad, its only 20$ for the vhs

:yipee:

edit: ahhh! i meant to put this into the Maya Basics & Newbie Forum! is there any way to move it there?