Thread: Buildings
View Single Post
# 1 20-08-2005 , 06:25 PM

Buildings

I’m building a city with low polygon count structures for the far off buildings. I’m trying to build a good texturing scheme to be applied to it. On first trial run I built a basic window color map, bump map, specular map, and reflectivity map. They are all attached to one placement node which repeats the images many times to give the look of a building.

Problem One:
It looks ok closer up but when you bring the camera back it becomes one color or grainy as seen in the picture below. I have the same problem with some model. What is wrong that causes the far away image to look worse than the close image? I’ve even had it sometimes that the non-rendered view of the model looks better than the rendered view.

user added image

Problem Two:
Right now no incandescence is applied; but I’d like to create a script that would randomly choose between on of two images when the placement node repeats the image. To clarify, I want some windows to be lit while others to remain dark. How do I write something up to select the image to light up the window sometimes while picking the image to keep the window dark the other times?

Thanks,
Mike

Mike