View Single Post
# 9 23-12-2003 , 09:49 PM
Subscriber
Rage: I will be doing close-up animation, so it will need to move just like real grass. I have tried Paint FX grass. but there just never is enough of it no matter what I do. I need a huge field of grass you see...

With paint FX, the grass exists on curves. I tried making lots of straight lines then applying the grass brush to each of them, but the grass still didn't look thick enough. I tried several other things, but they slow down my machine way too much. With fur, it's much easier to manipulate because it's one single attribute, not a million curves with grass applied to each one. It's just way too much trouble. Believe me.

Your idea about applying a grass texture for far away shots with a bump map does seem interesting and useful. I have never thought about doing it that way and will probably try it out here soon.

Pony: Yes, I figured out that the U and V samples only adjust the display. I don't know why this feature exists, but oh well. What I need is the actual thinkness of the fur to be increased. I have gone through pretty much all the attributes and can't seem to find it. Would you mind telling me what it is like you said you could please?

www.Darkware3D.com