View Single Post
# 64 13-10-2005 , 03:07 PM
Thanks for all the great feedback everyone.

I finished my skeleton (just use a few simple custom mel scripts to orient joints and than tweak them a bit more in component mode).
Before doing that though I turn off all keyable exept for rotate xyz on the joints and do a freeze transform to make it easy to 0 back to bind pose...only thing i leave translate on is for root joint in hip which cant freeze transform on it so I group it to itself so the group is all zero and turn on the handle for the group and use that instead. Than I created a little button to zero everything back to bind pose.

I set up a few set driven fk controls for hands...simple gripping. I like to set up IK after skinning is done though.

Im about to create some wrap deformers to speed up posing, animation and simplify blendshapes. But before that, back to tweaking a bit for last couple touch up on eyes....thanks Swank for pointing it out...I realise they do need work but I can also use blendshapes later to make big facial changes if needed.

I dont know about the flab under the arm though...the bicep goes right under there...shows alot more on larger people though...maybe a bit of tweaking though.

Last edited by varley; 14-10-2005 at 08:48 PM.