View Single Post
# 1 04-09-2012 , 08:20 AM
Subscriber

Project Planning Ideas and Help

I feel I have now got to a stage where I will be able to work on a project from start to finish without too many problems. I haven't tried my hand at character modelling as of yet but it is not something that interests me as much as architecture and landscapes, but is something I would like learn.

I feel one of my biggest set backs is the lack of planning I do before going into a project. I am not very good at drawing and it disheartens me when I spend time drawing a concept and it looks pants. I then get lost in what i'm doing and what i need to do etc... and I end up getting very unmotivated as I have 1001 things I could be doing to continue, but don't know where to start or what to do next user added image

So I would like to ask if anybody has any suggestions, tips and ideas on ways of starting a project and planning as I think this gets very overlooked by beginners such as myself. Ultimately what do you think would be a good sort of project to test my knowledge.

Once I have feedback I will start a WiP thread so if any of you are interested you can follow my progress there.