View Single Post
# 3 26-02-2005 , 04:24 AM
Exact error while trying to open Maya 6.5:

"Fatal Error. Attempting to save in C:/DOCUME~1/Lifire/Locals~1/Temp/Lifire.20050225.2019.ma"

This appears during the splash screen and then when I hit "ok" it exits. I can't set the temp folder "read only" off because it auto resets when I apply. This is why .net causes problems with SP2, cause it doesn't let maya save files there (sees it as a secutiry risk). Like I said, I don't have .net. Also, it never fully loads up, so I can't change any settings in Maya.

Also, like I said, same version of Maya, both fresh installs and both same locations.... no settings altered. Why would one loaction not work if its the same location on another comp? I get the feeling its a hardware thing because it isn't that it can't save the file there, it's just that maya crashes and tries to autosave upon exit (to the said temp directory). I have heard that drivers can be the problem.. but same driver works on one computer and not another? I hate trying to change drivers cause it can cause so many problems (and as it is, these drivers are the best for my games). But if it MIGHT help, then I guess it is worth it.

Edit: anyone that uses a radeon 9800 pro and have no problems with maya (stable)? If so post your drivers. Thanks!

"We don't actually need to know that the main character has a past. All we need to know is that he has an objective and a lot of people are going to die and a lot of innocent inanimate objects are going to be destroyed and blown up before he can complete that objective."

Last edited by Lifire; 26-02-2005 at 04:32 AM.