View Single Post
# 8 10-10-2003 , 05:16 PM
Yeah... I grew to dislike 3ds Max very much. I actually owned it R3 and R4. Arg. I will use Maya from now on... I like it so much better. :bgreen:

user added image

So in Maya complete I could still simulate gasses and water it is only more work involved? (Like an animated texture for gasses, etc.)

The reason I ask about particles is because I still wan't to be able to create oceans with spray and wake from boats, etc. Interesting environments that can be streamlined with the use of particle systems. I've been looking at too many movies worked on by ILM lol.

I see... Well I should rephrase my question about plug-ins then user added image.

Is it possible to write plug-ins that will simulate the systems that are available in Maya Unlimited for Maya Complete? And if not, is there still a way for me to make little furry critters without paint fx? I mean fur that can be animated. Perhaps renderable splines? user added image.

I hope my questions aren't redundant it's just that it seems that most everyones answers are extremely vauge. If there is a place where I can get detailed information on what can and can't be done with Maya Complete by all means post it :bgreen:. (please don't post Alias user added image )

Although it would be saddening to find out that Complete is in some way limited. I don't see why someone couldn't add features to Complete that although not as simple to use or as robust as the ones in Unlimited could still get the job done.

$2000 or $7000... why!!! user added image