View Single Post
# 14 08-05-2008 , 02:24 PM
Super Moderator
Wow, BennyK, you were hardcoring it.I haven't even seen those words "Nvidia FX 5200" in such a long time it made me have a flashback.user added image

ExtrudedDingus, that system is fine but when things start getting heavy in your scene view it'll no doubt bring that graphic card to its knees. You can overclock it but you better have adequate cooling. Also it says Vista Home Premium preinstalled and I know the Autodesk site says Vista Business, dunno how that'll work out. Its a waste to have a 64bit system and not have a 64bit OS, and for anyone who doesnt know how to check, go to control panel>system. And get the 64bit verison of Maya. Getting more than 4GB RAM if you're not upgrading to 64bit OS is pretty much pointless.(I suggest you download the drivers and burn em') I don't even know what kinda mobo this thing has :/ this is why I build my systems myself so that I get exactly what I want/need. Only thing I can tell you is to get a 64bit OS and 64bit Maya, everything else is ok.:blush:

- Genny