View Single Post
# 24 29-07-2008 , 01:57 AM
Thank you all.

While I was creating that chair material... I did happen to tone up the reflectivity or specularity or something. The chair that I was modeling was slightly shiny, due to some sort of coating that was applied.

I'm wondering though.. I know I turned up the settings too much, and I attempted to fix it. However, I don't really know the difference between reflectivity, specularity, and the other settings of that sort...

Uh, the chair cushion was supposed to look slightly rigid, like in a furniture store, where you see things that are right out of the factory... They look completely unused and the cushions I think look much more inflated, and not sat on at all.

But I did over compensate. Thank you again. I'll work on changing that...

The chair back... Why do you think it's rigid? I know your opinion is much more proffesional than mine, but... what can I do to make it look less rigid? Adding more polygons (heh.. I don't know how to really do that other than "smooth" but that rounds everything. Would I use the "cut faces" tool?) would just make it seem more... curved, and not really less... rigid? Don't really know how to phrase that.. But, isn't the purpose of a back of a chair to be rigid, otherwise it would break off when you leaned back?

Sorry, I guess your phrasing just confused me a little.

If this post appeared even the least bit arrogant or anything, I completely apologize. I really only wanted to know why certain things should be changed. I do have the utmost respect for all of you.

Thank you for all criticisms (they help me learn, and after all, that's why I'm here!) user added image