View Single Post
# 29 29-07-2008 , 05:28 AM
Subscriber
user added image

Having just the one image of your tv is fine for now, though if you want some more in-depth crits and comments I myself would like to see more of your model. However from what I can see here your base and connector rod are not proportioned correctly. What you'll notice about your tv(the physical one) is that its base is big enough to spread the weight of the tv out enough that the slightest movement should not tip it over. On your model though it looks to be too small. I'd say that it is too thick, but really that is a design element all to your self. I think that the size of the base is most important in achieving more realism. Also I notice the connection between the shaft and the base. Although the image is rather small I can tell that there is a rounded edge where the pipe meets the base.
With your pipe it looks to be too narrow from front to back, again like it wouldn't support the tv it is holding up, or if someone brushed up against it like the pipe might snap.
The overall framing isn't looking too bad but one thing this I think needs some work there is where the screen is and how it would connect to the frame.
For a first time at it, your headed in the right direction, no doubt about it. What You might consider trying is pulling the verts of the screen back a bit further and then creating a plane infront of them but behind the foremost part of the frame. That way you get a hard difference between the frame and the screen. I can't say for sure but I believe if you look at it you can see that the screen of your actual tv is probably about a quarter inch to half inch bigger on all sides than what is actually viewable. Why? because the connection and fastening of the screen is done inside the case and not to the frame itself. The frame hides some of the things that are necessary but not so aesthetically pleasing.

I hope that helps.
Cheers.

Peace, love and Anarchy~~~~~~~
Arch Viz Reel

My Website is Finally Back up!

“Welcome to the Internet. Where the men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.”