View Single Post
# 1 09-01-2010 , 02:16 PM

Blinn Wood texture

Hi All

I was wondering if anybody could help with my latest problem with Maya 2009 unlimited 64bit, I have gone back to try and finish a project which I started a couple of years ago and it got left unfinished.

It is a classroom scene and in the scene there is an old wooden classroom chair. , My new computer will not open this scene with this wooden chair visible, I just get this error message
“Fatal Eror, Attemppting to save in C/docume~1/admini~1/temp/adminstartor.20100109,1253.ma I have a copy of the scene with the chair not visible, and this opens no problem but if I make the chair visible I get the same message and Maya closes down.
So I opened the project without the chair visible and remade the chair and all was well in till I put the texture on and then I got the same problem, the same error message and Maya closed down. The texture is a normal blinn with the Maya wood texture plugged into the colour.

Then I opened a new project and made a load of cubes and applied the same texture no problem, but then I made a few more cubes and as soon as I gave them this texture I got the same error message and Maya closed down.

This is on my 64bit with the Intel(R)Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @2.40Hz it is showing four of these, I have 6GB of ram and Nvidia Quadro FX4500 graphics card with windows xp 64 bit edition.

However if I copy this project onto my old Dell with the same Maya unlimited 32bit and xp pro 32 bit with 2GB of ram it opens fine.

Just to confirm all the texture is a blinn with a normal wood texture plugged into the colour.

Anybody got any ideas?

Thanks
Trikeman