View Single Post
# 1 21-08-2009 , 02:23 PM

Surreal Game Character

I have an idea for a short challenge if anyone is interested, it was inspired from reading about 3d art created not for practical use or realistic properties, but alike to painting or hand drawn art, "just for arts sake!"

The challenge would be....

A game character for a fictional game entitled: Salvador Dali-Mind Games!

The idea of the game would be a street fighter style beat 'em up, but you are in the mind of Salvador Dali, and the characters are parts of his mind fighting to be the next idea for one of his surreal paintings.

The rules would be as follows:

2 week limit, starting from one Monday, running onwards (to give time to come up with an idea, create and render, and fit in with other projects/commitments etc.)

Modeling and texturing required.

No background, just game character, rendered on a plain background. (so the focus of the challenge is totally on the character)

Can be either posed or in T-pose (posed would probably get more votes obviously)

The character isn't to be straight from a Dali painting, remember it's a charater he hasn't yet painted so it must be new, just alike to his style. Kind of as if he was living in the present day and was musing on his next work.

Each entry must have a W.i.p., wireframe screenshot, and final render for final entry. All started in a seperate thread in the part of the forum, with Challengers name,and characters name if given.

That's it, if anyone's interested just post a reply etc, and we'll work out a start and end date!

Virtual City Challenge Apr 09

Spaceship Challenge June 09

Speed Machine Challenge Feb 2011

My Art and 3D Instagram
My DeviantArt Page

Last edited by Dango77; 21-08-2009 at 02:26 PM.