View Single Post
# 1 14-07-2003 , 03:48 PM

Nurbs trimming and attaching issue

Hi user added image
Well first: Just signed in to the board, really interesting stuff going on. Amazing community!

And now for the question user added image
I'm working on a head model (non human) using NURBS. I used a sphere to start from. Now I came to a point where I want to connect the jaw to the rest of the head (Which are two different object) so it would connect in a smooth and nice way. My problem is that I can't figure out how to do it.

I tried trimming both the head and the jaw, which trimmed them nicely. But Maya won't let me connect them now, telling me it can't connect a trimmed surface. Deleting the history didn't work either..

What's the best way to connect these parts together, using NURBS? I want to preserve nurbs up until the end of the modeling so I will have an "easy to edit" mesh. If trimming is the answer, how can I now connect these objects? If not, then what is? I can't find anything user added image

Another question, though less important. If I want to connect two halfs of my NURB face, what's the best way of doing it? I tried creating a "blend fillet" between them and then attaching it to both halfs which didn't work very well.. I got some cuts here and there which isn't really good.

Thank you very much user added image.. This is something I've been banging my head on for days now :| .. And you are all my last hope... user added image

* An example of my model's wireframe:
https://www.groteskandmonstrous.com/s...ng_problem.jpg