View Single Post
# 1 22-06-2005 , 03:32 PM

Alias MotionBuilder

Howdy Folks user added image

Well, I went to MediaTech Expo today, and I was so blown out of my socks it was not even funny..hehe, no really.....

We walked in and there was a whole bunch of exhibitions all over the place, and it was just eye candy to have a look at all of these exhibitors. The one's that stood out the most for me were the 3d stands, there was an Autodesk(3ds Max), Newtek(Lightwave) and ofcourse last but not least, an Alias stand.

The Autodesk and Newtek stands were not that flashy and pro looking in my opinion, but the Alias stand, well, they definately put alot of effort into that for sure. They had a huge Oscar in their stand, and a big screen TV showing all the things that Maya can do and 2-3 computers running Maya itself, and the stand was really eye catching with the Maya Logo all over the place, really pro! Hehe, anyways...

The lady at the stand asked me if I had heard of Alias MotionBuilder, and I said no, so she sends me to go see a demo about MotionBuilder, and so off I went. I was so impressed with MotionBuilder, it is an animators dream come true! The piece that did it for me was the realtime interaction and the speed of MotionBuilder, so fast. Another really cool feature, was the facial animation part, the guy that did the demo shows everyone a normal PC microphone, plugs it into the PC, loads a character in MotionBuilder, plays around with a few settings, 4-5 clicks at the most, and then starts speaking, and would you beleive it, the character says exactly what he was saying! I could not beleive my eyes! the detail aswell, it was awesome! The way the mouth moved, the eyebrows etc....fantastic, simply great! user added imageuser added image

So anyways, MotionBuilder Looks like an awesome app to have to compliment Maya, really, it looks fantastic, so I would certainly say give it a go, there is a PLE version available with samples and everything. Just thought I would share that bit of info with all you guys. user added imageuser added image

Thanks for reading user added image

MainlineX

-------------------------------------------