Thread: Vista troubles
View Single Post
# 1 30-10-2007 , 02:51 PM

Vista troubles

Hey all, I know theres other topics about Maya and Vista, but I hadnt seen any that covers the problem Im having. Basically, I cant even get Maya(PLE) on this computer. When I download it, after download it sits there Verifying, and when that ends, nothing is there. It just ends.

For some background; Ive been using a Maya PLE 6.0 book that I was teaching myself with for the past two years ago, on a PC with XP on it. We just got this laptop, which didnt give any options other than Vista (*sigh*) and now Im having the aformentioned problem. I tried just transferring the program folders from the PC to this laptop over a flash drive, but when it got here I couldnt use any of the programs. I tried using the disk that came with the book, and after it asked for a verification key, which I somehow still had from two years ago, it would just stop there. I'd hit next, and itd stay on the window asking for the key.

Any help would be highly appreciated, as I was really hoping to use this laptop for 3D work for college next year, and now its seeming that I cant even get the programs on it. :angery: