View Single Post
# 1 24-08-2004 , 12:01 PM

moving partical emitter has no effect in hardware render

Hey guys,

Im working on one of my first models in maya: a spaceship. After modeling my ship I made a jet-fighter kind of outtake on the trust. It looks pretty nice and i would like to keep it just the way it is. The problem is, when i render it after i have moved the ship (with the partical emitter, the particals and the Volume Axis Field I used for the effect), the partical emitter stays where it originaly was. In my perspective it all works fine, thats the wierd part of it.

I am using maya 5.0. The render I did was a hardware render. I tried everything I can thing off, including rebuilding the entire effect, but after render it stays where i put it originally.

Could I be doing something wrong, or is this normal. Is there work-around for this, because I am planning to animate, so i need to move the thing.

P.S. The guys of the free tutorials are doing a hell of a good job. It helped me start off with maya pretty good... Thanks.

P.S.2 sorry for any type errors I made. I havn't written in English for ages and i'm from Holland.