View Single Post
# 1 14-05-2008 , 08:23 PM

help with animations

Animation has always been something I could do well, but that goes back 10 years.. 3D animation are a bit new to me. If my question is more suitable in newbies forum please let me know.

Ok I have my rigging done, FBIK and all the IKs needed to pose my character. I notice some weirdness. Let me know if this is normal or a sign of something?

1) Sometimes when I do an undo during animation one or more meshes explode. I just load a pre-set pose I made and its ok. ( no major concern)

2) If I load my stand pose and key all IK's on say frame 1, then the same pose on frame 20. Then on frame 10 I move say just my arm up a bit (not much). I get a smooth transition up, then a very slow transition down, and the last frame tries to catchup and make a jump animation (bad noticeable jump).

3) Sometimes if I move my IK up from frame 1 to 10 then down on frame 10 to 20, it does some extra animations like the arm is waving about?

I think what causes 3, is that I have to concatenate my animations. I need to do this for the game engine I use my models for. I'm thinking the animations I'm making is tweening for the next animation down the line. Is there a way to separate my animation on the time line so it was try to auto tween it?

I'm sure all of this is just my own misunderstanding. I can not for the life of my figure out that dope sheet or graph editor. Tutorial suggestions would be grate. only training I had was in modeling, I have been learning to rig over the past 3 years.

Now I need to learn animation.

Last edited by ulaoulao; 14-05-2008 at 08:37 PM.