Thread: here
View Single Post
# 115 01-01-2008 , 06:33 AM
Subscriber
again well put.., very well put.., i thought of depth of field but kind of let it go from lack of interest.., theres only so far one can go with a dart.., loving a dart.., or so one thinks.., you are totally correct of course there should be a reason we care about this dart.., i should have remembered this.

DOF.., laziness .., LOL.., lets just call it 'area of interest' as 'we guide the viewer's eye.'

i got caught up with procedural textures as im not too good with projections (I forget) but i have the tuts and such to go by. i tried to break it up (the dart) with fractal and/or noise .., but it played havoc with the lighting (i was going through the ambient colour channel) and it was late in the piece.., so i ditched that.., realising that a matt texture is sort of random access and can be changed at will, with no effort other than to open PS and paint or add filter.., so the painted texture is somewhat king.

live and learn.

you are correct, sounds a lot of work.., but its not. Arrons suggestion is a good one and im trying to visualise that now.., yours is MUCH easier.., you bring a with you strong knowledge of story structure.., now im trying to decide which way to go..??

whats going on?.., oh well.., im not going to question it user added image .., many thanks to you all user added image its all very helpful for this image, the next and so on..,

take it easy and life will be easy