View Single Post
# 1 13-09-2009 , 10:00 AM
Subscriber

Tim Bloody Burton taking credit for another animation

What is with this guy man. He keeps putting his name over other peoples work.

Bewared super moan here .....................

9 is a new film by Shane Acker which is based on his short which won best at show at siggraph 2005 (which is were I first saw it) and was also nominated for an oscar in 2006.

A bunch of new still were released this week and on all of them it has "Tim Burtons 9" splattered all over them. Now having him on board must have been a boost but this is not his film. Its not his story, he`s not on the animating team (those years at disney not working for him then) and its not his characters.

What gets me is this is not the first time he makes out he`s this great Director?Animator of feature film Animation - "A Nightmare Before Christmas" and "Corpse Bride" are both known as his films, and pepole even talk about "Tim Burton style animation". What style - let aload of people do the work then take all the credit.

He`s like Cartman in that new ep of southpark were he took the credit for the invention of a joke (Gay Fish -the one with Mr West in it)

Now granted he wrote and storyboard Nightmare - but then the screen play was not him, was not the director, and did not animate. I suppose this is the closest he`ll get to having a animated movie that is his - I see now why soooo many work with him once then never speak about it ever again (talking non actors here)

Shane Acker has worked had at becoming a 3d film maker and I think its a little harsh his name is not on the posters and Tim`s is. Timur Bekbambetov is another producer on the film and his name was missing as well (he did wanted).

Peter Jackson presents "District Nine" is a perfect way to sell the film of someone else`s name. You know its not his film persay but he was involved some way and endorses the film introducing Neill Blomkamp as a great director.

Now I know why Kevin Smith calls him out on his DvD - he guy sucks man and cheats his way to make the world think he`s a animation god, well not me Mr Burton - your a slug.

https://www.shaneacker.com/ - the real maker of this wonderful looking film

Last edited by tweetytunes; 13-09-2009 at 10:11 AM.