View Single Post
# 46 06-07-2011 , 10:25 AM
Subscriber
I hear what your saying to a point there THX, but giving Dave gave that image in the opening thread I think that's what most people went for. Me personally do not think its a bad thing (I went for photo like to improve my skills -why I take part in these challenges in the first place), but what I have found makes the entries stand out this time round is not so much the realism but if the models look like toys that would be played with and made in Maya/Lightwave to a good standard.

snl678`s (TOY GUNDAM) is the only entry I would say went to far to make look real - The renders of that model look so much better with out the dog. He has done a fantastic job on the model and textures (I normally hate gundam models), but that photo is very weak.

Daveido (Buzz lightyear) is one I don`t like as a toy - Again as a model fantastic looks just like him, but for me it screams character not toy.

I did have a top 3 but them the lightwave entries were posted so at mo its - joshpurple (robosapien) - Makes me want one, puneet.3d (He-Man) Everyone knows my love of 80`s toys but the model is fantastic (plus he did the 2009 version so lets me off), lightmod (moster truck) although I don`t like the first image with the mud, great renders, s2-speedy (turtles) Again looks like toys I would want to go out and get, final image looks like a toy ad.

But saying that there is no entry here this time round that does not deserve there maker holding their head up high - fantastic set of images, can only do great things for the site. - well done all

Last edited by tweetytunes; 06-07-2011 at 02:33 PM.