View Single Post
# 1 30-03-2011 , 04:09 AM

Help with Diffuse Source

Hello All! I'm new to the forum and was hoping someone can help me with a very frustrating problem.
First off, I'm going through the book "Game environments and props" by Michael McKinley. I'm only on the first chapter which is creating a brick wall.
Well, modeling and laying out the bricks was simple enough and I finally got to the part where I generate a diffuse source. So I make my low poly plane and push it in to the hi poly wall as the book states, and then follow each step exactly. By the end of it I should have a targa file that looks black and white with an outline of my bricks essentially, that I can open in photoshop. However...EVERY time I retry this and tinker with the settings, my file is completely flat gray. Anyone have an answer? It seems simple enough, and I have redone this entire chapter from the beginning twice and redone the diffuse source bake numerous times; I follow the steps to the T and and still don't get the right picture.
This is driving me nuts and I don't want to quit.
Any help would be awesome!
Thanks
~Brandonuser added imageuser added imageuser added imageuser added imageuser added imageuser added image

FIXED: So...a mod might want to delete this thread. I have been struggling with this for weeks, yet right after I post it, I figure it out. I turns out that When I applied the lambert to the bricks and slid the slider to white, it didn't actually go...so it stayed gray, thus the gray photoshop file.

Sorry for wasting space!

Last edited by densetsuo; 30-03-2011 at 04:27 AM. Reason: FIXED