Thread: how to bake
View Single Post
# 2 12-05-2006 , 01:50 PM
Subscriber

Re: how to bake

Originally posted by Velusion
I'm in the middle of a project right now and one of the things I need to do next week is bake a texture onto a model. I've never done this before.

What I want to do is this:
I'm modeling a real person's head using reference planes with front and side view pictures as reference. After I finish the modeling and setting up the UVs, I want to project the front view picture of the person onto the model then bake it so that I will have a color map. I then want to take the head model with the color map into Zbrush to adjust the color map as needed.

So, I know I'm being lazy but, can someone tell me how to bake a projection onto a model? I don't want to bake any lighting into the texture. Just the texture itself.

Thanks in advance.

you can bake a texture map onto another by using the transferSurfaceInfo tool in maya. but what you are trying to do will definately not work or at leaast give desired results.
so, in this case both objects need to be UV'ed properly and non-overlaping.

in maya 7.0 the surafce info tool has been moved under "modify>surface sampler
then select the plane witht the texture you want to bake, then in the window option box for the tool, in the source section click add selected,
then select head and add it to the target.

then set output to texture then bake.

Image dump