View Single Post
# 8 29-08-2005 , 07:26 PM
I think I can answer your questions.

Firstly lets deal with most simple one - the wireframe on shaded.

In your window that you want to see the wireframe on - open shading then click on wireframe on shaded. There is also a smooth wire frame function that makes it abit cooler if you want to use that.

As a further little option to all this - If you are in wireframe mode but it all looks alittle messy and complex then go to DISPLAY>CUSTOM POLYGON DIPSLAY and click the little box. When the menu pops up firstly click on OBJECTS AFFECTED>ALL, then move down to the bottom move the Backface Culling option box from OFF to ON and then at the top under where you selected ALL before make sure BACKCULLING is selected. This makes it look kinda like shaded mode but wireframe aswell.

Next question. NURBS are not like polygons and they are generated with their own UV coordinates already unwrapped and you place textures on like decals on a model.

So firstly open up the Hypershade which is in WINDOW>RENDER EDITORS>HYPERSHADE and create a material which ever one suits your purposes i.e LAMBERT/BLINN then assign it to the piece of geometry that you are wanting to map? I think you said a Dome. You can do that by dragging it with your middle mouse button onto the Dome. Then back in Hypershade click on the material you just made, this will bring up its attribute editor in Maya - if not in Maya press CtrlA once or twice. Then next to the colour (I am english (color)) slider is a checker box click it. The create render node box appears, click on the file tab. ****before you do this it gets abit more complex on the top of the create render node box there is a selection you need to make, whether you want your file you use the inherent UV coordinates of the NURB surface (normal) to cover the surface, or (projection) if you want to make your own one much like how you to polygon UV projections kinda. Find the 2dplacetexture node then mess with this until you have the placement of the texture on the surface you want. I suggest using the interactive placement button and doing it that way. If you cannot find the 2dplacetexture node in Hypershade click on it if you can see it, if you cannot click on the file node then in the attributes box the tab should be there. Their are other ways but thats not the question.

Sorry if this seemed too simplistic for you, I am not sure what level you are at.

Gtea
----------------------------
fear is the mind killer
----------------------------