View Single Post
# 91 13-10-2005 , 11:05 PM
Thanks for the comments. I'd love to write a tutorial, but unfortunately the time I spend working my job prevents me from spending any real time working with Maya. You know how it is, gotta pay the bills. :angery: If there are any specific questions that I could help with in this forum, let me know and maybe I can come up with a quick mini-tutorial and post some screen captures. For instance, how to get nice crisp edges on panels.

I've found for me the most important thing to making a model look more professional is to really concentrate on one detail at a time, and only move on when you are relatively close to the final look you are trying to achieve with that specific part of the whole model. Lots of people use the "start with a block and refine from there" process, but I like to break things into smaller tasks that are worked on until completion. Doing it this way keeps me more motivated to finish the project. The problem I've had in the past with the "refine the block" process is that I lose sight of the end goal, get frustrated, and eventually throw in the towel. If you work on one little piece, maybe a headlight, seat, side panel etc. you get a little sense of accomplishment every step of the modeling process.