View Single Post
# 22 16-02-2011 , 11:45 PM
I've really been trying to analyze ships and what makes something look fast and what makes something look slow. I think in general for air/space crafts, slimmer=faster and wider= slower, as far as looks go. I think for the competition, I'll be better off keeping with the original design as it doesn't look too similar to anything that exists.

Not sure how much work I'll put into though because I don't allow myself to spend too much time for play due to other responsibilities/priorities and the more I play with the design of this thing, the more I want to design and model a really cool looking jet (that looks fast too haha). But I think no matter what design I come up with for a jet that could probably realistically fly, it would be similar to designs that already exist.

After doing some googling I did end up finding an aircraft similar to my last design and that's the Concorde. I mean it really has alot of similarities so that's why I think I'm better off keeping to my original concept even if it doesn't "look" near as fast.

I'm really liking this shape except for a little rework on the shape of the back part of the wings but I'm sure if I spend enough time on google, I'll end up finding a jet similar user added image

Attached Thumbnails

Don't be satisfied with what you can do but rather strive to do the things you can't do!
Exceed Expectations!