View Single Post
# 14 02-05-2003 , 03:38 PM
Subscriber
oki doki... I will try to show how I did it... user added image

1. this point should only have one vertice but have 8...

2. there is also a lot of extra faces... a good Idea would also be making a split between the 2 vertices symbolized by the yellow dots... explanation will follow... user added image

3.) after the split and I have merged the vertices in that point where there were 8 vertices, I snap these two points to these 2, so it will look like picture number 4...

4.) after the snap... select all the vertices and merge them with the value "0.0001"... because there is 62 vertices and there should only be 18 (20 with the 2 snapped ones also should be calculated with it)... I think this is also why all those extra face in picture 2 is there...

5.) it was here I discovered it would be a good idea to split it... because there were 2 faces which wasn't alike... as you can see in picture 6...

6.) if you don't split it between the two vertices as mentioned before... you get this strange face which will fill some extra... I don't know if this would create a problem later on... but to be save... I would split it so there is only "one" face... as showed in picture 7

7.) why I write "one" face is because there is actually still 2 faces... but they are now alike... and none of them fill extra...

8.) these 2 places got both 2 faces... which you can delete... so there only will be one left at each place...

I don't hope this have been to messy explained... or I have done it so it stills look like the model you want to create... user added image

btw. have you e.g. tried to import the *.MA file... I think Ragecgi have said something about importing MA-files in a thread somewhere...

hope this helps you a bit further... user added image

regards

Strarup

------------------------------------------------
Alex V. U. Strarup

One mistake can ruin it all...