View Single Post
# 39 13-01-2009 , 04:42 AM
Level 32 pachyderm

Originally posted by Some Guy
Ok, rant time...

I read somewhere that people (ok... nerds) Where complaining about the Wii because it took gaming away from the hardcore level that only the select elite could understand and gave it to the common folk such as old people, children, mothers and families.
It is such an easy system to use and it is bringing games out of basements and making them more social and accepted among said common folk which i think is a really good thing.
Actually, its kinda like how that classical and opera singer/violinst (his name slips my mind) was doing the same thing with classical music.
People are always afraid of having their elite circle broken and introducing the common folk which is why the wii isnt being respected by the 'gamers' among us. Perhaps some people will realise it is just a game in the end and who cares if everybody gets envolved.
This type of thing has happened countless times. Im sure there was a time when the internet was only avaliable to the technically advanced of us before it was on every thirteen year old girls phone's. Was their a social uprising or an event of apocolyptic size, this may be a bad example but my point is it didnt destroy the internet, it made it accesible to the majority of the people.
All the wii does (and all consoles for that matter) is create intrest in the gaming world and i dont see how that can be a bad thing.
Im just waiting now for someone to release a song called
"wii killed the hardcore video game systems and ruined our elite society"

Thanks for reading my much to lengthy opinions (if you did)

I think wed all be annoyed though if suddenly everyone could be a 3D artist really easily

Although I do think games are different, more like movies. But companies are just trying to make money of the new ignorant market and just arnt trying anymore

https://users.ecs.soton.ac.uk/as28g11/