View Single Post
# 14 31-01-2003 , 03:35 AM
Subscriber
Izzy! That works perfectly! I figured out how to do it in mere seconds! You take a circle and a cube and position the cube on the edge of the circle. You then parent the cube to the circle so it moves with the rotation of the circle. Select both, then create a latice. Scale the lattice out, then scale the circle in for proper deformation with you rotate it, and walaa! The only problem I see right now is that the cube is being deformed too much. I'm sure if I play around with it enough I can get it perfect. Maybe increase the lattice size and decrease the circle - I don't know, I've just worked with it a few seconds.

Calvin, thanks again! I see what I was doing wrong the first time with SDK's. If you have Alias|Wavefront's Character Rigging and Animation book, you have probably gone through the chapter where you set up the animation of fingers with SDK's. The driver was a slider of some sort on a locator and the driven was the finger joints. This is what threw me off. For some reason I thought you were not able to use the rotation of an object for the driver. I only knew about the slider thing the chapter went over. Anyway, thanks for clearing things up!

Izzy - just thought of something. I wonder what would happen if I only put the circle in the lattice. You think that would still work? If it did, the cube would still move with the circle, but would not be deformed at all, which is good. *two minutes later* Nope. Didn't work. The cube rotates with the original form of the circle before it was put in the lattice. Oh well, I'll just play around some more and see what I can come up with.

www.Darkware3D.com