View Single Post
# 6 05-04-2011 , 09:41 AM
Subscriber
you're right. It doesn't accept 101... woops haha

I have an example for you
Come to think of it, what I've done probably isn't so great. I've solve part of the question for you, but I have explained (or tried to) why I did what I did.
In the following example I made some non-finite state machine that starts off trying to solve half of your question. I assume you know that finite state machines have a branch coming out of each state/node for each letter of the alphabet. Therefore, to make this example a finite state machine some of the nodes need to know what happens when the other letter is chosen. In some cases (such as S_5 it'll go to a sink state (a state where following any letter goes back to itself)

I hope that having broken down the process like this will help you figure out the rest.

also, I really hate word for doing these diagrams...

ah right, i drew that without looking at the thing you already have. As you can see, so far it looks the same. But as you pointed out, the one you have doesn't work for 101. What I gave you can be modified to accept the rest of the valid strings.

Attached Thumbnails

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D

Last edited by Chirone; 05-04-2011 at 09:45 AM.