View Single Post
# 12 09-04-2011 , 12:40 AM
Subscriber
I think the most influential cartoons of my time may have been..
samurai pizza cats (would draw stuff based on them),
ghost busters (dont actually remember that but i do remember having a hoop and running around with it on my shoulder like a ghost buster)
captain planet
sailor moon (yes i like that cartoon even though i hated the main character... a shame the english version is more child friendly than the japanese version)
widget the world watcher (which no one seems to remember)
transformers
and i'm pretty sure there were more...

pokemon was a super major influence on me, despite rejecting it from the beginning

i was about 11 when pokemon came out. First saw it in a game magazine, thought it said pokeman and i thought it was a stupid name. Read what it was about and it said something about a professor oak giving you one of three pokemans. i pictured a giant tree like the boss in one of the kirby games. it was a gameboy game and i assumed everything on that thing was childish. no idea how i knew of kirby at the time though... i had never played it before, nor touched a gameboy before then

months and months later i was told about this new cartoon on tv called pokemon, and then i suddenly made the connection that pokeman is really pokemon... I still remember the place when he told me... i dont even know whose house we were at or what the event was for... i just remember part of the outside when i was told...
so the next day i got up to watch it. The first episode i saw was the one with the Khangaskhan (which look like kangaroos, they even have pouches). the two parent characters in that episode made the cartoon look old and crusty like sailor moon and sumurai pizza cats (i had no idea about the term anime at the time, i just knew there were some cartoons that looked different to bugs bunny and scooby doo).
and then i became a fan...

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D